It's finally here. The day that has been both dreaded and welcome. I'm a little surprised that I made it, but also not surprised at all. You see, when I set my mind to do something, it usually gets done. I'm just stubborn that way.There are many things that I thought of to blog about, but they just didn't make it into a post. Some things didn't make it because I couldn't think of anything more elaborate than, "I'm thankful for _____." Others didn't make it because I wouldn't have been able to have a new, accompanying picture. This is the case with my family members. Still, there are some things that I've realized I'm thankful for that propelled me to feel a deep gratitude in my heart, where it remains a wonderful, personal reminder that my life is good and I am blessed.
When I set out to blog with accompanying pictures for 30 days straight about things I'm thankful for, my goal was to make it the entire 30 days. I didn't have any lofty goals or grandiose, nirvana-like ideas. I did assume, however, that this challenge would be good for myself by helping me recognize things I'm thankful for that I hadn't recognized before or forgot about. I thought it might lead me be a more positive person. And that it has.
All-in-all, blogging about being thankful has been good for my soul. I took on my younger brother's (Matthew) challenge to "be more thankful more often" in a way that would help be actually feel thankful more often, not just be thankful.
So today, I want to express my thankfulness for the wisdom of a 20-year-old man who compelled me to be thankful. The entire experience has been uplifting and good. It has been the perfect preface to a season where there is a holiday to remind me to be grateful. This blog has been the ideal avenue for me to evolve into a person I want to be more like: my little brother.

4 comments:
I'm so sad to see your 30 days come to an end! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about things you have been thankful for. Matt is such an awesome person. He inspires me to be better, too.
Don't you want to do another 30?
Seriously though I agree with everything you just said and I am actually dreading when my 30 days are up.
Thanks for sharing with us the past 30 days - I have enjoyed it and it went by too fast!
Thank you. What else can I say?
Post a Comment