
Tonight we went to a party. It was held off base for Jer's squadron. I usually enjoy these parties because I get to see people from Jer's work outside the workplace. The people he works with here are so great. It is such a better group here. It feels more like a work family than work people you want to avoid during non-work hours.We had professional pictures taken when we first arrived--before we even went into the banquet hall. I think we'll get them back next week.
We sat next to one of the girls Jer works with. I went to a Pampered Chef party with her a couple of months ago. She is really nice. We ate dinner and enjoyed the company at the table. Then the fun began!
There are always raffles at these work Christmas parties. We sit in anticipation waiting for our ticket number to be called. It never happens. We are not the type of people who win things. It's just not in the stars for us, I guess.
Tonight that all changed!
The MC called our names!
Now, there were about 130-150 people at the party tonight. It was very unlikely one of us would be called to play a raffle game. But, not only did he call Jer's name, he called my name right after that. I was confused. They kept telling me to go up on stage, but I thought they messed up. Really? Could they have really drawn both of our names one right after the other? I'm no mathematician, but I am sure the odds of that happening are many thousands to one. If someone wants to figure out the odds for me, be my guest. It might be interesting to know.
Anyway, we went up on stage to play Plinko. Jer went first and won a coupon book for different services around the bases; for example, one free bowling game and shoe rental, free chips and dip when ordering an entree at such-and-such restaurant, etc. It's not the best prize to win, but he won!My turn. At first it landed on the IPod. Then it bounced out into the Casual Monday slot. Nobody else's ball bounced out once it hit the bottom. It was really weird. Since I'm a civilian, I get to wear casual clothes every Monday anyway, so they took that prize off and replaced it with another, then let me play again. I won a $20 AAFES (BX) gift card! Cool! Then Michelle, the girl I was sitting next to, won some cool prizes and gave me her workout video I was eying. I'm a winner!
I'm so excited we won stuff! Maybe the planets were aligned just right tonight. Our birthdays are only 2 days apart, so it HAS to have something to do with being Leos, right? :)
There were many other games played. At some point 3 guys had to dress up like Santa, an elf, and Mrs. Claus in a sexy gown with knee highs. It was so funny. This is also a tradition at each party we've been to. The guys are good sports and everyone enjoys a laugh as they come back from dressing and get on stage and dance.When the party was over, we hung around near the door for a while to make sure nobody needed a DD. We were there an extra hour and during that time, Santa came by. I got my picture taken with him. I sure hope Santa brings me something nice this year. I've been extra good! :)
We ended up driving someone home. Jer drove her in her car, then I followed in ours. I am truly an advocate of not drinking and driving. Arrive alive!
It was so fun to meet new people. We won some prizes, we ate really good German food and thoroughly enjoyed our evening out together.

2 comments:
This sounds like so much fun! That's awesome that you both got to go up there to play. Too bad you didn't get the iPod! :) I like your picture with Santa. You and Jer look so good in your pictures together!
Tami you look so pretty and happy!! I love the pictures of you guys. It sounds like you are having a great time over there. I wish we could join ya. I miss being overseas! You guys rocked out with the luck this round. WAY TO GO! I hope that the holidays continue to be great fun.
*hugs*
Oh and you know what, I wish you lived close enough to be Aunt Tami to my kids too!! :)
Post a Comment