
Most people wait until the end of the year to review what has happened. For us, there have been so many happenings and new changes that I've decided to dedicate two posts to cover it all.

We had a great Christmas and New Year coming in to 2009. My whole family was together during the Christmas holiday for the first time in 10 years. It was great. I personally had a good Christmas as well. Jeremiah surprised me with a new wedding band. Now my ring is perfect! He is so good to me.
Soon after the new year, Mom flew back out from WA to help get the house ready to sell. It looked so good when we were done.

She was the biggest help. We were so busy I didn't even think to take any pictures. I wish I could fly her here to help me unpack!
Before we moved out we had Julie & family and Emily come stay with us.

It was Valentine's Day weekend, and also birthday time for my brother-in-law, Steve, and nephew, Todd. Emily and I had an excellent time decorating the house with Happy Birthday banners. It was a great surprise party and each got his own birthday pie. The coolest present though was to Todd. He got a Monster Jam ticket! The next day (after surprising the other kids with Valentine's Day goodies)

we bought earplugs and ventured off to see monster trucks in action!
Just over a week later, the movers came and packed us up. They put our boxes and stuff into crates then nailed them shut. We had so much stuff they had a trailer attached to the back of the semi! The motorcycle went back there. All that stuff and we were still quite a bit under our weight limit. Whew!
The night we moved out of our house, we moved into our friends' (Brian and Amanda) house. We were exhausted!

We went to bed early but had to wake up before dawn for our ski vacation!

The four of us carpooled all the way to Mass., stayed the night at another friend's house, then headed further north. I never knew the East Coast had mountains, but we found a great snowy one in Maine! We stayed in a condo for 1 week and skied our hearts out.

It was such a fun time and a great way to play before we headed to Germany. Next year I hope to post pics from the top of the Swiss Alps!
4 comments:
This is awesome! I love this post. So many fun things happened before you even got to Germany! What a great year so far. :D I'm sure you are going to LOVE skiing the Alps! Is there still snow there, or you have to wait until next year? Can't wait for installment #2 on this post! :)
This was really fun! Unfortunately the snow was melted in Germany before we got here, so we'll have to wait until next year to ski the alps! I can't wait to see what she'll be writing for part 2 also! yay for the blog!
Wow, Germany is SO different from the states, but also SO different from Korea. It's fun to see your adventures compared to mine. I've always wanted to go to Europe, not particularly Asia, but now I'll get to experience a little of both (sort of) :)
Hi guys. So fun to read up on all your adventures and see part of what you see. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment